Monday, June 2, 2008

The Downfall of Mankind

It finally struck me this morning as I was peeling them off the side of my refrigerator, the collapse of civilization as we know it will not come from high gas prices, terrorists or incompetent presidential candidates. The danger, the real danger to all humanity is stickers. Laugh if you must but these insidious little tools of small children are slowly eroding away the safety and security of the most elemental part of our society: the home and the sanity of moms. How can I (and countless other women like me) remain sane when faced with the daily onslaught of stickers? They can be found on walls, on furniture, on appliances, on clothing that has gone through the wash, on the bottom of shoes and many, many more seemingly innocuous spaces. I say seemingly innocuous because I truly believe that the under five set in our society is conspiring to cover us and all our stuff with stickers. If you're not convinced of this danger to all mankind just think about your friendly, neighborhood pediatrician. What do they always give your child after a check up? Stickers! Yes, the doctors are in cahoots with the under fives. It's every mom for herself time people!

1 comment:

Author Elle Febbo said...

I have banned "stickers" from my home...but listen to the name..."stickers".

The name alone should be a warning.